LAC LA BICHE TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
- Highways 36, 55 & 663 offer three main routes to get to Edmonton, 2.5 hours to the southwest.
- Highway 881 offers an alternative to Highway 63 to get to Fort McMurray.For detailed traffic counts over the years visit Alberta Transportation.
- Big Bay Taxi – Corporate Accounts, Boosting Services, and taking care of precious cargo like your family, taking the kids to school. Locally owned, Big Bay Taxi is a reliable and comfortable service provider. Offering 24h service, accepting debit and all major credit cards, including cash for payment. Call for service: 780-623-3666.
- Dan ‘O’s Taxi & Chauffeur Services – Light duty: expediting, deliveries & hot shots. Offering Taxi & Chauffeur Services until 2:30am in the Lac la Biche area. Locally owned: reliable, secure, bonded. Offering portable credit/debit payment. Call for service: 780-623-1114
- Lac La Biche Taxi – offering Taxi & Chauffesur Services during day-time hours in the Lac la Biche area. Call for service: 780-623-1990
- EBus – regularly scheduled departures to Conklin, Grassland, Gibbons, and Edmonton; offers free WIFI and several ammenities for the journey
- Greyhound – regularly scheduled departures to Edmonton and Ft. McMurray
- Private Charter bus services are available
Seniors and Handicapped Handibus available for community use through Family & Community Support Services (FCSS)
Car / Truck Rentals
- Budget Car Rental Company’s mission is to consistently deliver a quality product, friendly service and great value that make customers confident that Budget is their best car rental choice. Book online, call them at 780-448-2060, or stop by their location in Lac La Biche!
Commercial Courier Service
- To all major centres
Daily to Edmonton and Ft. McMurray
- Lac La Biche Transport – Phone 780.623.4711
- Calnash Trucking – Phone 780.623.4817
- B & R Eckel’s Transport Ltd – Phone 780.519.1095
- All weather, 1,765 m (5,800 ft.) paved and lighted runway, fixed wing and helicopter charter service, Alberta Forestry water bomber base, air ambulance base with a new hanger, equipped with night lighting, and a GPS System and fencing installed around the air strip.
- Alberta Central Airways – Call 780-623-4122
- Canadian National (CN) – provides rail transport between Fort McMurray and Boyle, through Lac La Biche.
- Can handle full 263,000 pound loading (89 tonnes per standard railcar) and dimensional loads.